Call for Participation, ICA Visual Analytics Sponsored Sessions on Geovisual Analytics at AAG 2018
Organizers: Alexander (Sasha) Savelyev – Texas State, email@example.com
Bo Zhao – Oregon State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
International Cartographic Association (ICA) Commission on Visual Analytics http://viz.icaci.org
We invite papers on geovisual analytics to be included in a series of sessions atthe 2018 Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting in New Orleans from April 10 – 14.
We invite contributions exploring theoretical and practical issues of geovisualization and geovisual analytics, with the broad goal of extending our understanding of interactive visual representations of geographic data that aim to boost spatial human reasoning.
Specific topics include (but are not limited to):
- development of novel visualization and interaction metaphors,
- visualization and use of uncertainty and context,
- support of spatial decision support processes,
- typology of spatial decision problems,
- visualization of large, multidimensional datasets,
- advances in geovisualization and geovisual analytics technology,
- scalable and web-basedvisualization,
- digital storytelling in geovisual analytics,
- development of standards and benchmarks in geovisual analytics,
- challenges in system design, adoption, and use, and
- applied geovisualization and geovisual analytics (including areas such as climate change, crisis management, food and water security, epidemiology, etc.)
In addition to geographers, GIScientists, and cartographers, we welcome speakers from abroad range of disciplines, including submissions from students and junior scholars.
Submission Instructions and Deadlines:
1. Register and submit your abstract online following the AAG Guidelines.
2. Email your presenter identification number (PIN), paper title, and abstract to Alexander Savelyev (email@example.com) by October 25, 2017.
3. Please use the email subject “VA CFP” to be assigned to a session.