The workshop calls for new visual analytics methods and applications for spatial and spatio-temporal data which demonstrate the usefulness of these techniques for analytical reasoning about space and time. We are particularly interested in how interactive visualisations can support knowledge construction and insights from spatial data, either big or small.
We intend for this workshop to reach the widest possible audience, and therefore call for submissions in any application area using any type of spatial or spatio-temporal data. We encourage approaches that take advantage of both spatial and temporal characteristics of such data, those that allow analysis across different spatial or temporal scales and those that provide new dynamic interactive visualisations for data exploration. We encourage submissions to explicitly consider how the proposed visual approach supports analytical reasoning about the data and ideally, demonstrate how the inclusion of the interactive visualisations into the analysis process aids understanding and decision-making.
We call for extended abstract submissions on the following topics of interest:
- New visual analytics methods for spatial or spatio-temporal data.
- Applications of using new or existing spatio-temporal visual analytics methods in any discipline.
- Evaluations of visual analytics approaches that help us understand how users apply such tools.
- Theoretical demonstrations and frameworks for visual support of analytical reasoning.
- Advances in knowledge construction and reasoning about spatial and temporal phenomena and processes.
Please see our workshop website at http://viz.icaci.org/SpatialVA2016 for the full Call For Papers, submission details, and deadlines.