New Directions in Geovisual Analytics: Visualization, Computation, and Evaluation
Please join us for a workshop co-located with the GIScience 2018 conference in Melbourne, Australia on August 28, 2018.
Preliminary Program Now Available – Click Here
This workshop focuses on eliciting and sharing nascent challenges in visual design, evaluation, and computation related to geovisual analytics. The core concept of this workshop is to focus on exploring ideas for new approaches – not simply to recap what has already been accomplished. Toward that end, workshop participants will be asked to submit extended abstracts that describe new research directions in visualization, evaluation, or computation (and may synthesize across these areas as well). We especially encourage high-risk ideas that have a potentially high-return in terms of scientific and social impact. Potential topics may include:
- New visual representation types in geovisual analytics
- Novel computational and visual methods for handling massive, streaming, spatiotemporal data
- Opportunities for integrating immersive environments and geovisual analytics
- Artistic approaches for expressing or interacting with big spatial data
- New approaches for integrating users in the design of geovisual analytics systems
- Ideas for integrating sensemaking into geovisual analytics
This workshop will have a discussion-centric format. Accepted talks will be given in short formats (10min or 5min in length) with an emphasis on having ample discussion and networking time connected to each series of talks.
Selected submissions will be invited for publication in Cartographica. The editors of Cartographica are committing a special issue / special section (depending on the number of contributions) to the best submissions from this workshop. Reviewers will be asked to recommend submissions for publication in Cartographica during the review process.
|The workshop is organised by the International Cartographic Association (ICA) Commission on Visual Analytics.|